Can’t dream of a reason why to stop wearing weaves? Why should you!? As long as you’re taking care of your real hair and your scalp, flick that weave and enjoy it. How do you do that? You take on the weave challenge!
What’s the challenge?
The challenge is to nourish your hair while it’s under a weave. This ensures that there’s minimal breakage when you finally take your weave out.
Duration: 3 monts
Up to 6 weeks in a weave style (ONLY SEW-IN WEAVES)
During the 6th week, take your weave out
Leave a week in-between weaves to rest your scalp and nourish your hair
Then another 6 weeks in a weave style.
Wash your hair/weave ONCE a week.
Massage the shampoo on your scalp
Add moisturizing conditioner to your scalp (which will nourish your hair).
It doesn’t matter if it goes on your weave.
Bag your hair and leave for 5-10 minutes. Then rinse out thoroughly
Use the Aphro Comb applicator to concentrate an oil blend onto your scalp.
Utensils: Spray Bottle, Camera, Aphro Comb
Now the details
1. Prepare prepare prepare your scalp and your hair for the weave challenge. Click here for more info
2. Make sure that your cornrows aren’t on too tight. If they are tight, they could cause your skin to tear up, cause an infection and contribute to hair loss.
3. Leave your hairline out of the equation. Ensure that you leave at least a cm of your hairline so that you can nourish it and give it extra attention.
4. Try and ensure that your weave is as light as possible. You’re already inflicting your hair follicles to a lot of continued stress, so the lighter the hair, the better.
5. Take your weave out every 6 weeks. Leave your hair out for a week (you can wear a wig that’s removable) and take on the ‘in-between hair care’ nourishment. This will give your hair and scalp a break. Give yourself deep massages, assess your hair and scalp. Deep condition, and then do it over again.
What results should I see?
Stronger and more nourished hair… Minimum breakage (which means you’ll start realising growth)… Healthy scalp… Your hair and scalp will love you…
Tutorial on how to leave out your hairline
This tutorial was really great, so check it out